Tuesday 2 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week One, Day One, Task Two

Dear Greanne
I have just reached shore after the treacherous six month journey in the leaky overcrowded waka. I must say it was definitely worth it this country is beautiful. However at first I was rather nervous as I had no idea what it would be like.


The journey was extremely dangerous and sadly not all of my tribe survived. The trip took far longer than expected so we were low on supplies. Also we were visited many times by unwanted guests. Taniwha. They stole what we needed most; fresh water, food, blankets and much more.


I am extremely grateful that I managed to survive the journey though it wasn’t without difficulty. I was injured in the first Taniwha attack which dampened my hopes of survival. However I survived and I am looking forward to seeing you.

Aleece

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Aleece,

    I was just reading Greanne's blog post for this activity and noticed that he wrote his letter to you too. I like the way you are writing to each other for this activity. You must be good friends. :)

    Great work organising your letter into paragraphs! I am also very impressed that you were able to include some Maori into your letter like 'waka' and 'Taniwha'. It was a great letter to read and I am so relieved to hear you survived the Taniwha attack!

    A small suggestion I can give you is that you sign off with something like:

    "From your friend,
    Aleece"

    This will let the reader know that this is the end of your letter. It's just a small suggestion, but will help to end your letter nicely.

    Keep up the great blogging! I am enjoying reading your blog posts.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.